This chocolate peanut butter smoothie is deeelicious! Whenever I switch up my everyday green smoothie for this chocolate peanut butter smoothie I am blown away by how tasty it is. Like dessert for breakfast!
This smoothie requires only 7 staple ingredients and a blender and comes together in less than 5 minutes!
The base of the smoothie is frozen banana, which provides a creamy texture and the sweetness for the smoothie. Whenever I have extra bananas on hand that are getting a bit too ripe I freeze them to have available for smoothies, banana bread or ‘nice’ cream (banana ice cream).
I hope you love this smoothie! It’s:
- Naturally sweet
- Peanut Buttery
- & Delicious!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
This dessert-for-breakfast smoothie is a guaranteed hit for every member of the family. Talk about starting your day off right!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 smoothies 1x
- Category: Smoothie, Breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 ripe, frozen (peeled) bananas (about 2 heaping cups)
- 1.5 cups unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup powdered peanut butter (or 3 Tbsp natural PB)
- 3 Tbsp hemp hearts
- 3 Tbsp rolled oats
- 5 ice cubes
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender and blend until creamy and smooth. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Note: I recently made this smoothie with oat milk and it seriously upped the creamy factor of this smoothie. I highly recommend!
Keywords: smoothie, chocolate, peanut butter, vegan, gluten-free