Admittedly, I have always found the idea of smoothie recipes a bit ridiculous. I mean, it’s a smoothie. Put whatever you like in it, add some liquid, and blend! Not difficult. But then I actually tried a few smoothie recipes from cookbooks I love, and I have to say, I was impressed. And sometimes you just need a change, because it’s very easy to have the exact same smoothie every day. Like this everyday green smoothie, which I have had nearly every single day for the past 3-5 years…
This smoothie packs a serious nutritional punch, providing plenty of fiber, antioxidants, vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids.
I hope you love this everyday green smoothie! It’s:
- & Delicious!
This smoothie makes a perfect breakfast on-the-go or at home!Print
Everyday Green Smoothie
This smoothie has been my breakfast 5-7 days/week for the past 3+ years and I never get tired of it! It is the perfect amount of sweet and refreshing, and I love how I feel after I drink it. Bonus: it provides most of your daily fruit requirements, plenty of omega-3 fatty acids from the hemp and flax, and a good dose of fiber!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 smoothies 1x
- Category: Smoothie, Breakfast
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 cup frozen fruit (peaches, pineapple, strawberries)
- 2 cups of spinach
- 2 cups of unsweetened cashew milk (or any milk of your choosing)
- 1 banana
- 1 2-inch x 2-inch knob of ginger
- 2 Tbsp hemp hearts
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- Optional: 1 scoop of protein powder (I use unflavoured Iron Vegan sprouted protein powder)
- Add ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth. Pretty straight forward stuff!
Nutrition information is a rough estimate based on calculations using specific products, and without optional ingredients. These calculations do not include protein powder.
Keywords: vegan, plant based, gluten-free, smoothie, green smoothie