For the longest time I was convinced that pancakes were completely nutritionally void and therefore not worth eating. But then I grew a brain and realized that not only are they delicious, but with a few easy tweaks you can seriously up the nutrition quality! Replace white flour with whole wheat, replace ¼ cup of flour with ground flax, and sprinkle with hemp hearts to boost the fiber and omega-3 content. These vegan banana pancakes do not disappoint!
I hope you love these vegan banana pancakes! They are:
- A little bit sweet
- & Delicious!
These vegan banana pancakes make the perfect special-occasion or entertaining breakfast!
Looking for more healthy breakfast ideas? Try my:
- Everyday Green Smoothie
- Break-the-Fast Chia Pudding
- Chocolate Pressure Cooker Steel Cut Oats
- Apple Pie Overnight Oats
The Fluffiest Vegan Banana Pancakes
The lightest, fluffiest vegan banana pancakes you will ever try! These pancakes get a boost of fiber from whole wheat flour, ground flax and hemp hearts. And combining all ingredients in the blender makes them foolproof!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 medium pancakes 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop, Griddle
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 cup (240ml) non dairy milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large banana *ideally spotty/starting to brown
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flax *can replace 1:1 with flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Add all ingredients (ideally add liquids first) to a blender and blend until combined and smooth. Don’t over blend! Let the batter rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Preheat a griddle or frying pan to medium and lightly grease with vegan butter. Ladle ~1/3 cup scoops of batter onto the griddle and cook until bubbles appear, then flip gently and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Tip: sprinkle pancakes with hemp hearts before you flip them to boost the nutrition!
- Top with toppings of your choice. My personal favourite way to eat pancakes is with a healthy slathering of PB and berries!
- Optional: stir in fruits, nuts, or chocolate chips to the blended batter before cooking for something extra!
Nutrition information is a rough estimate based on calculations using specific products, and without optional ingredients.
Keywords: banana pancakes, vegan pancakes, whole wheat pancakes, high fiber pancakes, breakfast
Leave a Reply