Bowls are my go-to for lunches. They tend to keep well all week and the options are endless to avoid getting too bored. The simple formula of a whole grain, protein, veggies and a sauce is easy to follow, delicious and nutrient-packed!
Quinoa provides the grain base of these yummy bowls. Kale, cucumbers and cherry tomatoes add the veggies, providing fiber, vitamins and polyphenols (healthy plant chemicals!). The protein is supplied by both the quinoa and black bean burgers (not pictured).
I’ll be honest, I find meal prepping for new and exciting (and healthy) lunches week after week to be a daunting task. These kale and quinoa bowls came together quickly and kept me feeling satisfied all afternoon!
I hope you love these kale and quinoa power lunch bowls! They are:
- & Delicious!
Kale and Quinoa Power Lunch Bowls
These kale and quinoa bowls were inspired by my coworker Ashley! These fresh and easy bowls are PACKED with gut loving fiber and will keep you feeling full all day long.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Entrée
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 cups of quinoa, cooked
- 4–6 cups of kale, chopped
- 1 large cucumber, cut into half-moon slices
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 avocados, sliced
- Farm Boy lemon garlic dressing (or make your own with lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, garlic and S&P)
1. Assemble bowls by portioning ingredients equally into four sealable containers. The quinoa base is topped with kale, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, black bean burgers and dressing. Serve hot or cold!
Nutrition information is a rough estimate based on calculations using specific products, and without optional ingredients. Calculations based on 1 Tbsp of salad dressing per bowl.
Keywords: bowl, quinoa, kale, vegan, plant based, gluten-free, buddha bowl, lunch bowl