I love dips and sauces. But they are usually full of fat and salt and offer very little nutritional value. This dip is delicious and full of fiber from the black beans and healthy fat from the cashews. It’s a real party hit too, since it’s a little bit different than your average dip.
This item is made by sautéing onions and garlic together in savoury red curry paste and combining with fiber-rich black beans and silky cashew cream. The result is a slight spicy, flavour-packed and healthy dip!
I hope you love this vegan curry black bean dip! It’s:
- Slight Spicy
- & Delicious!
This recipe makes for a perfect party dip or appetizer. Guaranteed crowd-pleaser!Print
Vegan Curry Black Bean Dip
This creamy and flavourful curry black bean dip is delicious on crackers, tortilla chips, veggies and pita bread.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer, Side, Dip
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan, Gluten-Free
- Diet: Vegan
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 3 Tbsp of red curry paste
- 1 can (540ml) low-sodium black beans with the liquid from the can
- ½ cup of cashew cream *see instructions below
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Sauté onion for 4-5 minutes, until soft and translucent.
- Add garlic and curry paste and sauté for another 1-2 minutes to develop the flavours of the curry.
- Add can of black beans with liquid to the onion, garlic and curry paste mixture and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 4-5 minutes until beans are soft.
- Add cashew cream and mix thoroughly. Add S&P to taste.
- Roughly mash mixture until desired consistency is reached. Tip: the dip shouldn’t be smooth; some black beans should still be intact.
- Top with green onions (optional) and serve with tortilla chips, crackers, or raw veggies!
Cashew Cream Directions:
Blend ½ cup of cashews with ½ cup of water in a high-speed blender. Soak cashews in water overnight or for 15 minutes in boiling water prior to blending. Blend until smooth. Add this beautiful stuff to any sauce/dip/soup you want to make deliciously creamy.
Nutrition information is a rough estimate based on calculations using specific products, and without optional ingredients.
Keywords: dip, black bean, vegan, plant based, gluten-free, curry
Leave a Reply