This recipe is adapted from @healthylittlefoodies broccoli fritters! They are a great option for getting veggies into kids, but so tasty that I love them too. I have a one year old who prefers to be very independent in feeding himself, so finger foods are key.
These fritters are crispy and delicious and are an amazing way to sneak extra veggies into kids…and adults!
I hope you love these Sweet Potato Fritters! They are:
- & Delicious!
This recipe would be a perfect side dish for a meal or as an appetizer.Print
Sweet Potato Fritters
These sweet potato fritters are a great snack for on-the-go or as a family friendly side dish for brunch or dinner!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 Fritters 1x
- Category: Side, Appetizer, Snack
- Method: Pan Frying
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1 medium sweet potato, cubed (1/2 inch x 1/2 inch)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs OR 2 flax eggs (2 tbsp ground flax whisked together with 6 tbsp warm water, let sit for 5 minutes)
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese *can substitute with 1/4 cup nutritional yeast if dairy free
- 1/4 cup non dairy milk
- Add sweet potato to a baking sheet and toss with 1 Tbsp avocado oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 15-minutes at 425-degrees F, flipping halfway.
- Prepare the flax eggs by whisking ground flax with water in a small bowl. Allow to sit for ~5 minutes to thicken.
- Whisk the flax egg, milk, and mustard together in a large mixing bowl.
- Fold in the flour, cheese and sweet potato. Add additional splashes of milk if the mixture is too dry.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large fry pan over medium heat
- Scoop 1/4 cup portions of the mixture onto the fry pan and flatten with a spatula. Fry on each side for 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Repeat process until all of the batter has been used. Mix makes ~8 fritters.
Nutrition information is a rough estimate based on calculations using specific products, without optional ingredients. Calculations used large eggs instead of flax eggs.
Keywords: fritters, sweet potato fritters, vegetarian fritters, vegetable fritters, baby led weaning meal ideas