This spicy and flavourful green curry chickpea stir-fry is a great recipe to quickly pull together on a weeknight, or as meal prep for lunches for the week!
The base of this stir-fry is brown rice and veggies. I used cauliflower and carrots, but feel free to use whatever veggies have on hand!
The stirfry is then topped with spicy green curry chickpeas that seriously up the flavour of the dish. Laslty, the whole stir-fry is drizzled with a creamy peanut sauce that cuts the heat of the chickpeas.
I hope you love this green curry chickpea stir-fry! It’s:
- Packed with fiber
- & Delicious!
Green Curry Chickpea Stir-fry
I love any kind of stir-fry or bowl-type meal. Any combination of a whole grain, protein, veggies and sauce is good in my books!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Entrée
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Vegan
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 can (540ml) of low-sodium chickpeas
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 2 large carrots
- 1 tbsp green curry paste
- 1 inch x 1 inch knob of ginger, finely grated
- 2 cloves of garlic (10g) garlic, finely grated
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Lime
- 2 tbsp tahini or peanut butter
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
1. Prepare brown rice per instructions on the package, cover and remove from heat. Preheat the oven to 450-degrees F.
2. Prepare vegetables. Cut cauliflower into florets. Peel and cut carrots into 1/2 –inch full moon slices. Zest and juice ½ of the lime.
3. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Add cauliflower and carrots to the first baking sheet. Drizzle with ~1 tbsp avocado oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake on the upper rack of the oven for 18-20 minutes, flipping halfway, until veggies are tender.
4. Prepare chickpeas. Strain chickpeas and pat dry with paper towel. In a medium bowl whisk together the green curry paste, ginger, garlic, 1 tbsp maple syrup and oil. Add chickpeas and toss to coat.
5. Add chickpeas to the second baking sheet and bake on the lower rack of the oven for 10-minutes. Flip, and return to over for another 5-minutes.
6. In a small bowl add tahini/PB, soy sauce, garlic and onion powder, lime juice and zest, 1 tbsp maple syrup and sesame oil. Whisk until well combined.
7. Serve brown rice with chickpeas and baked veggies. Drizzle tahini sauce over and garnish with cilantro and lime wedges, if desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition information is a rough estimate based on calculations using specific products, and without optional ingredients.
Keywords: vegan, stir-fry, curry, entrée