Chia seeds are a daily part of my diet. These little black seeds are a nutritional power house and are so easy to incorporate into your diet!
3 Facts About Chia Seeds:
- Chia seeds are an excellent source of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids
- Chia seeds are hydrophilic, meaning they absorb 10-12 times their own weight in water or other liquids. When mixed with a liquid, chia seeds absorb the liquid and form a gel. Because of this they can be used as an egg replacement and to thicken sauces.
- Chia seeds are an amazing source of dietary fiber. One ounce (28g) of chia seeds provides 11 g of (mostly insoluble) fiber, making them an excellent food to promote gut health!
Best Ways to Eat Chia Seeds:
- Soaked and made into a pudding or overnight oats
- Added into smoothies
- As a topping for oatmeal, yogurt or salads
- As an egg replacement in baked goods